Saturday 29 January 2011
Friday 28 January 2011
Thursday 27 January 2011
Stem cell therapy is the latest exciting advance in the treatment of arthritis and other diseases in pets. Click on the play button below to listen to our discussion of the subject on East Coast FM this week.
Wednesday 26 January 2011
When dogs are allowed to travel unrestrained in cars, then can be a dangerous liability. On Ireland AM this week, we discussed the various ways of keeping animals properly under control when on the road. Watch the video by clicking here. Click here for full post
Tuesday 25 January 2011
This week on TV3, I stayed on in the studio afterwards to answer some extra questions from viewers. Watch the video here. Read on to see the questions.
1. We have a passport for your pet and we're going to Spain. Is there anything else that we should do to prepare for the trip?
2. Can anything be done about a very vicious cat that seeks out and attacks other cats?
3. My two year old dog has developed a bald patch. What should I do?
4. Does having a dog neutered calm it down, or is this a myth?
5. I'm thinking of adopting a pet. Any suggestions about where we should look? Click here for full post
Monday 24 January 2011
Saturday 22 January 2011
Click here for full post
Friday 21 January 2011
Wednesday 19 January 2011
I've been away for the past week, at the North American Veterinary Conference in Florida. It's the biggest vet conference in the world, and I've been learning heaps. It's also a good chance to meet up with old friends and make some new ones. I met up with Gina Spadafori, who writes the excellent Pet Connection blog. And here is the rest of it. Click here for full post
Tuesday 18 January 2011
Saturday 15 January 2011
Friday 14 January 2011
Thursday 13 January 2011
An Irishman in Malaysia was tragically killed by two guard dogs. Could a similar incident happen in Ireland? On this week's audio segment, we discuss the rules governing guard dogs in Ireland. Click on the play button below to listen.
Guard dogs- the law in Ireland.mp3
Wednesday 12 January 2011
Tuesday 11 January 2011
2) My dog's ear flap is swollen. Do I need to go to the vet to get it drained?
3) My Shih Tzu just picks at her food. Should I be worried?
4) How much food should my three year old Boxer be getting?
5) Why does my adult Golden Retriever eat other dogs' poo?
Click here for full post
Monday 10 January 2011
Sunday 9 January 2011
Saturday 8 January 2011
Friday 7 January 2011
Thursday 6 January 2011
Wednesday 5 January 2011
Tuesday 4 January 2011
Monday 3 January 2011
The usual mixed collection of pet queries after the live spot on TV3:
1) Why doesn't my puppy bark
2) Is it OK to walk small dogs (eg Yorkies)on icy surfaces or could they get frostbite?
3) My Old English Sheepdog seems a bit down since she was spayed last week. What should I do?
4) Would my five year old female Springer Spaniel accept a new dog in the house?
5) What kind of food should you feed rabbits?
Click here to watch me answering these questions. Click here for full post